View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 16:36
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Unfortunately all weight loss forums attract people with eating disorders.

Also unfortunately, we have several current members here who fall into that category. I frequently answer them to try to encourage them to seek help for this life threatening illness.

Quote:
Who is anyone else to decide that I, or someone else, is clueless, deluded, stupidly anorexic or anything else?

If you see posts where anyone uses terms such as "clueless," deluded" or "stupid" those posts should be reported for flaming. This site is all about support, not overt criticism and rudeness is not tolerated.
Quote:
it sort of assumes that whoever we're talking to isn't able to run their own lives sensibly.

Have you ever seen anybody dying of anorexia? I have and it is tragic. These people are simply not capable of "running their lives sensibly." The illness takes control, which is why they do need to be encouraged to seek help. I agree that simply lecturing them does not help, however telling them they are fine (as I have seen some people do) is not okay either.

BTW Jay, as you know, your goal weight is well within the healthy range, so anyone suggesting you are too thin or whatever is simply misguided.

rose:Rosebud