#6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 14:33

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default hi dalou

hi dalou,
i understand how u feel ..and i've been there believe me!. I solved my problem with my colon trouble by taking fiber tablets which i purchased from an organic store. I went there just b/c i thought they'd have a variety of products, which are preservative, sugar, starch etc free.
my fiber tab is made out of psyllium husk, oat bran, and guar gum. i think i started 2 weeks ago, and i've not had a problem since. it is quite remarkable, and definitely recommend something along those lines. I also wanted them in tablet form, since i just find that more convenient than mixing powder which is hard to drink/swallow.
Also, Aloe Vera juice is good (although haven't tried it personally), one of my friends in college, her mother made a business of selling aloe vera products and she swore about what a miracle plant it was.
About the %ages, i'm not sure either, it's easier to try to stick to under 20g carbs. Don't worry if u mess up, take ur time, ur body needs time to adjust. Think of it as breaking an old habit and establishing a good one. Habits take time to break and make.
It might also help u if u plan ahead what u will eat and stick to that... think of it like a project, write down, plan, itemize, and stick to it U'll feel u're in better control.