View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 11:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Carbs and Calories

Hi there again, Candi. I know exactly what you mean about trying to boost calories. Mayo and Oils help. As do nuts (macadamia are best) and seeds. You want to have enough calories going in so your body doesnt think its in starvation mode, or on a *diet*, because it will adapt (i.e. you will stop losing). As for the carbs, the first week I was on PP i wasnt keeping as acurate a count as I am now, I was actually up to about 40 carbs a day. Yet I still lost. Everyone is different I guess, but keeping to below 20 while on induction is what you want.

As you know, I've been peaking at your journal on fitday and adding some greens (lettuce, cucumber, broccoli) would be a great idea... you will also get to add some salad dressing ,oil and maybe a few sunflower seeds to that, accomplishing both goals.

As for 2200 calories (the same amount i SHOULD be eating as well).... I've been keeping at around 1600 (and forcing myself at that), but like razzle said, I'd been on some seriously calorie restricted diets which messed up my metabolism big time. You have to find what works for you. That being said, at your present 1200 - 1300 calories, a few good fat additions will get you up higher very easily.

Keep up the good work, and don't let those new scales get you down!!

Nat