View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 226/196/140 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am reading a book called "The Secret to low carb success". In this book it states that your body can convert 50% of the protein you eat into glucose. It also says if you are stalled it could be because you are eating too much protein.

I have not been stalled, but have been losing very slowly the last 4 weeks (around 1 lb a week). Looking at my fitday stats, I was eating over 100 grams of protein a day, the highest day I consumed 156 grams. This week I decided to try keeping my protein between 85-100 grams a day and have lost 4 lbs. I am also trying to up my fat grams by snacking on macadamia nuts and adding more olive oil when I cook. Could just be a coincidence, but I am going to continue limiting protein and see what the outcome is in future weeks.

I find it frustrating that this WOE needs so much fine tuning for each individual. What works for one person doesn't work for all. I have no intention of giving up, but I find this one point nerve wracking!! I am still trying to find out what works the best for me.