#15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 13:21
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default Hi Linilinda !

About the breakdown - it's all down to maths. Carbs, fat and protein procentage of what you're eating will always be 100%.

This is the formula: fat x 9, protein x 4, carbs x 4 = amount of calories.
(as 1g of fat has 9kcal and protein & carbs have 4kcal/1g)

From my Fitday the other day:

Total: 1429 Calories
Fat:108 970 69%
Carbs:40 75 5%
Protein:90 360 26%

It all depends on what you eat. Other days the procentage can be different, more fat, less protein, but it will always end up 100 % total.

I don't like Fitday, but it helps me to keep control. Most of us does not eat enough of one or the other (fat, carbs, protein).....In Fitday the other day I found I was way under in carbs that day. Through the programme I found out I could meet my target by eating a tomato etc. It's all a learning process, and it does not work for everybody. But it helped me and it might, just might, help somebody else. We're all different, but when you've stalled for a long time, it's better to try other ways of doing stuff instead of giving up. I wish it was more simple......

About the refeed, - as I understand it, it can be done in different ways. It's about finding the method that works for you....and if refeed is for you at all. The same as for any other advise. I agree with Nat, learn to be an expert on yourself, what makes YOU lose or stall.....like I said it is a learning process. I'm still a novice and learning every day.