View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 10:56
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/244/150 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 6%
Question Having trouble losing--should I take supplements?

I'm having trouble losing on the Atkins plan, and I HATE taking pills, but would taking supplements help me to lose weight? And if so, which ones should I take? I'll be honest...I bought the Atkins Basic 3 and started taking them a couple of weeks ago (my ketone strip was dark purple after 2 days of LCing, then after I started taking the Basic 3, the color was negative for several days), and I quit taking them. My ketone strips returned to pink/purple this week. What I can't STAND about the supplements is that you have to take them 3 times per day!!! I'm lucky to remember to take one once a day--but 4-5 pills 3 times per day???? (I'm talking about adding the L-Carnitine and CoQ10 and others that they recommend to take if you're having trouble losing.) Has anyone had the experience of no/little weight loss until they started taking supplements? Which ones did the trick? I know that I'm following the plan strictly and am wondering what in the heck is going on!! I'm not a yo-yo dieter...in fact, this is the first time I've actually TRIED to lose weight (I've thought about it alot) in 10 years. I'm not on any medications...so what can I do to make this work for me? HELP!
Sponsored Links