View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 08:55
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%

I've been (or am, I'm not quite sure yet..) where you are, I didn't lose that much at first. I've been stalling at 9 lbs for 7 weeks, looks like the stall is broken as I'm down 2 more lbs as of last Monday......

I made a few of my forum friends go through my Fitday.com (a nightmare to keep but an absolute must to keep track of what you're eating)

Turns out I did not eat enough carbs OR calories. My balance between fat & protein was also far off. I changed what I eat (still working on it) and whoops 2 lbs down right away. One thing fitday can't do: deduct fiber from carbs to get digestible carbs (to count when doing Atkins) but it's dead easy to do the deduction yourself. Acc to Atkins, you should eat at least your body weight (in lbs) x 10 or 12 in calories. The perfect calorie breakdown is:

4 -10% should come from Carbs ( no more than 20g of Carbs)
25 - 30% should come from Protein
65 - 70% from FAT

If you eat less of carbs and cals, your body goes into starvation mode = stall. A stall is (acc to DANDR) a period of 4-6 weeks without any movement on scale or measurements.

Basic FAQ tips for stalls:
- up the calories (if too low - based on your weight in lbs etc)
- lower the calories (if too high - " )
- drink more water, drink more water and some more water
- cut down on salt/sodium
- skip any kind of sugar alcohol/fake sugar, even Splenda. as it can send confusing "sugar"-signals to your system
- make sure you're not eating foods with "hidden carbs". Use Fitday scrutinously.

I got a very informative e-mail from Atkins support during my stall, if you like I can mail it to you, send me a PM with your e-mail adress as it's too long (4 pages) to send in a private msg

From one of my forum buddies Becky160 I got this link. She successfully broke her stall with "refeeding" I think she did this for a weekend. You can read about the leptin hormone and refeeding here:
http://www.theministryoffitness.com...s/article18.htm

You can also check directly with Becky160 what she did and how it affected her.

Good luck to you, hope you break your stall !