View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 12:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/187/135 Female 5'4"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 16%

Hi everyone. I have been on Atkins for two weeks now, so I am no expert, BUT I think I am an expert when it comes to fast food. I have done my homework! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat out (I'm a 19 year old college student and despise cooking). This is what I eat when I eat out.

Wendys:
-Side salad w/o tomatoes, Caesar dressing (1 carb per pack!!)
-Any burger with bacon, lettuce, mustard, mayo, and no bun, no ketchup (ketchup has a TON of carbs)

Taco Bell:
-Crunchy taco w/o shell (for those of you wondering about the hidden carbs in the meat, I had a friend who works there check for me AND I wrote to the company requesting the carb and sugar count. They sent me a photocopy straight off the package and it is: 0g sugar and 3g carbs and 2g fiber= 1 g carbs per 1.5 ounces, not too bad for something that tastes sooo good)
-mild, hot, or fire sauce has 0 carbs
-green sauce has approximately 1-2g carbs per pack (a personal fave)

Arbys:
-Roast Beef sandwich w/o bun (again, I wrote the company and they said: 0g sugar and 0.09g carbs per 1 ounce beef soooo good on a low carb roll!!!)

Burger King:
-Grilled chicken sandwich w/o bun
-Any burger w/o bun or ketchup

If anyone is curious about carb content, you can go to www.wendys.com, www.burgerking.com, www.mcdonalds.com, etc and "customize your meal." This allows you to pick a sandwich, take off the high carb stuff like buns and ketchup, and see how much is really left. Eating out is something that is difficult to avoid but doesnt have to ruin your diet!!

Best of Luck to Everyone!!
Leigh