View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 07:52

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Both my wife and I have experienced an increase in Total Cholesterol while following the Atkins LC plan for over a year.

BUT, we have also had a much greater increase in HDL, the good cholesterol, and a truly amazing decline in Triglycerides during that same period. And the ratio of good/bad choleseterol has improved dramatically, to the point that both of us register in the Low Risk category for heart disease based on our blood lipid profiles.

And the best news of all is that our blood pressure has improved to the point that neither of us has to take any BP medication. Wife was taking 3 meds at the start of Atkins, which were having serious side effects. Her BP is now better than when on the meds, and she takes none.

I was taking only one med, but it was contributing to serious depression, and now my BP is better than it has been in about 35 years.

I am ecstatic with the results, and the elevated cholesterol numbers are of no concern to me at all. We plan to have a new comprehensive blood panel done in the early spring, and will report further progress then.

Keep on, keepn' on!