View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 06:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%
Default Nice story to share

I went yesterday to pick dh up from work. One of his co-workers asked how Atkins was going for me. I was kind of shocked because I hadn't told anyone outside of a couple close friends that I was doing Atkins. But I said, "Great! I've lost 21 pounds!" He complimented me and then said his wife and himself are doing CAD and have done very well too. He's lost 30 and she's lost 20. So of course I complimented them both on their loss. He and I had a 15 minute conversation about the differences and similarities of our WOEs and our favorite things to eat. It was a really good talk. So nice to talk to someone in person who understands first hand about Lo Carbing.

It seems that this coworker mentioned that he was doing CAD to dh. Dh told him that I was doing Atkins because they sounded similar to him. Come to find out, dh has been telling everyone who will stand still long enough about my WOE, including a coworker who suffers from diabetes. It made me feel good to know that dh believes in my WOE and is proud of me enough to tell everyone. Unfortunately, the guy with diabetes (he even has the diabetic sores on his feet!) said that he simply couldn't give up bread no matter what.

As I was leaving, another co-worker came up to me (having overheard some of the conversation) and said he'd been wanting to tell me that whatever I was doing was working because I "looked so great"!!!!!!! I thanked him for noticing. And he said, "I've been married for 19 years. I've learned that I better notice things!"

All around, I'll rate yesterday as one of the best days I've had.

Julie
Sponsored Links