View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 04:12

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Radioactive Iodine Therapy on 10/14 HELP!

I have been treated for thyroid problems for years, slight goiter, but normal levels. About a year ago, a routine screening showed hyper thyroid. We decided to wait it out and retest. Retest showed I had switched to hypo. Started Levoxyl and was feeling great until about 3 weeks ago... I started getting really emotional and angry, have diarrhea, shakes, losing weight really quick, etc etc. Retest showed... guess what??? Right.. hyper again. Off the Levoxyl, trotting of to my endocrinologist again... Bottom line, uptake test today and tomorrow and Radioactive Iodine Therapy on Tuesday!

I am Scared!

I'm not scared about weight gain because I know we will work together to get the meds right. I'm scared about eating something radioactive! My questions...

1. Does everything I touch get radioactive too?
2. If I sleep in my daughter's bed (she's going to Daddy's for a few days!) does her bed become contaminated?
3. What is the life cycle of radioactive iodine? When does it become just iodine?
4. When can I resume normal sexual relations?
5. Do my clothes get washing separately?

I have been getting too much info from too many people and I need some advice. Thanks!!!
Susan
Sponsored Links