Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 00:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystle
Thanz for the recommendation...I've actually been reading quite a lot about low-carb diet online from the different website and i'm really keen on this diet...I intend to get the book at a later time when I'm free..meanwhile...do you think you can give me an idea of the different phases..like what I will need to do stuff like that?...Thanzzzzzz

For Atkins, there are four stages:

1. Induction - 14 days or more

This stage is to basically switch your body from burning sugar as a primary source of fuel to burning your own body fat. You cannot avoid this stage. You can go to atkins webpage to read more about it and what are the stuff you are alowed to eat.

Basically for me (in Singapore, non-muslim food)

Breakfast - go to fried bee hoon stall to order:

2 x fried eggs
2 x toufu
2 x small fried fish
2 x chicken wings

Lunch - "young tau hu" is your best friend.

"Young tau hu" - must choose carefully and only order soup based, drop the source!
OR
"Ba Kut Teh" w/o rice - go east on the soup, i think some stalls put sugar inside.
OR
Slice fish soup w/o rice
OR
Slice beef soup

Dinner - western food but drop the fries and bread, also NO sweet chilli source or cook yourself. I find making my own salad quite cheap and easy.

It is important that you should drink at least 2 litres of water a day . You should spread your water consumption throughout the day to maximize it's benifits. Do not try to drink 2 litres of water at one go.

Do not worry about drinking too much water because, assuming that you have healthy kidneys, your body can safely process between 12-15 litres of water in a day. I normally drink about 4 litres a day becasue I am a big person.

The follow three stages, I do not think I need to explain right now.

2. Ongoing weight loss

3. Pre-Maintenance - very close to reaching your desired weight,

4. Lifetime Maintenance - when you reach your desired weight.