#4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 18:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default grocery list

Hi, Mari.

If I were you, I wouldn't go for the low-carb bars,chocolates, soft drinks, and desserts (with the possible exception of diet Jello) till you're over the two-week induction phase, if then. They are notorious for causing stalls.

Suggested start-out grocery list:

-fresh (or frozen) meat, poultry, fish
-eggs
-canned tuna/salmon/sardines/whatever
-cheese, butter (NOT margarine), cream, sour cream (full fat)
-beef jerky is good for snacks, but many contain sugar. If you have a dehydrator, I'd suggest making your own
-prepared meats, but watch the carbs; some contain sugar and/or starch as fillers
-olives, pickles, hot pepper pickles
-pork rinds
-brazil or macadamia nuts (don't eat more than say 6-10 a day, they do have carbs, but make a quick snack)
-some people say green tea is good for fat-burning; I don't know, but it tastes good and is very low carb
-green veggies: salad veggies, cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower, zuchinni, spinach, kale. Just about any veggie except carrots, winter squash, or potatoes (too starchy)
-fruit is not allowed except small quantities of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc)

That should get you started. Once you're over induction, and maybe interested in trying new recipies, you can add in more 'exotic' (and probably harder to find) items such as soy flour, flax, protein powder, TVP, and so on.

Hope that helps!
Rachel