View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 12:37

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

Loryn
I guess the scale doesnt do you any good and ironically is NOT the best way to track your progress. Scales can become our friends but it takes time to get used to its up and downs.
In a given month a woman might have lost 2 pounds of fat but retained 3 pounds of water. When she steps in the scale, all she see is a 1 pound gain.
A much more reliable measure is your volume. Is there any reason why you don't measure yourself?
I agree with the others, go back to strict induction, measure yourself at least in 4 different parts of your body (breast, hips, waist, arms, leg...etc your pants could fit the same because you re loosing from arms...or from breast. Believe THAT coul happen
AND forget about your scale for awhile. Soon you'll see progress.
It could be a good idea, just to make sure there is no a thyroid problem (I'm hypo and I know how can thyroid complicate weight loss) to take your temperature orally 4 times a day (before each meal and before you go to bed) Average your tempearture , and if it is consistently below 98 degrees Farenheit, you re likely to have hypothyroidism and you might want to see a doctor.
Hang in there! Even methabolically resistent people (like me!) can loose fat and sizes. It requires time and patience and put more attention of other factors (like intolerances and allergies) but by the other hand it give us more time to really make this our WOL
Cheers, Isiar