#15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 11:23
"Princess" of Norway

Plan: Atkins / Lindberg
Stats: 187/169/143 Female 162 cm
BF:Yes
Progress: 41%
Default I'm by no means an expert...

and by the beginning of last week I wondered if I'd ever lose more weight. Stalled for 7 weeks. Know how you feel. I asked for help in this forum and they went through my fitday (hacked it into pieces) and told me I was not eating enough ! WHAT, not eating enough ?????? So last week I upped by carbs and cals. Cut down on cream (been there done that) and had more vegs. At whoops, down 2 lbs. Could be other reasons of course, but I notice that you're doing fine with the calories but a bit on the low side on carbs every day. It's better to be a carb or two over than below.....or so I've been told. I've aslo stopped eating macadamias (they're soooooo addictive).

Here's advice that Gilibel gave me:
Basic FAQ tips for stalls:
- up the calories (if too low - based on your weight in lbs etc)
- lower the calories (if too high - " )
- drink more water, drink more water and some more water
- cut down on salt/sodium
- skip any kind of sugar alcohol/fake sugar, even Splenda. as it can send confusing "sugar"-signals to your system
- make sure you're not eating foods with "hidden carbs". Use Fitday scrutinously.
- move your body more, every little thing you do counts. Walk one extra length to the next bus stop instead, skip the car and bike to the shop, skip the bike and walk to the shop... Skip the elevator, take the stairs. Do things immediately when you remember it (take out the garbage, find that receipt, go to the kitchen every time you need a refill of your waterglass instead of bringing a big can to the table... etc.)

If you need to up your carbs without upping calories - that's simple. Most medium carb-rich veggies have quite low energy. Like broccoli (100g= 29kcal, 2.3 net carbs) and other cabbages, for instance. Or zucchini (100g=14kcal, 1.7 net carbs.) Skip some of the lettuce (roman, iceberg etc - hardly any nutrition in them anyway) if that's what you eat and introduce a bit sturdier veggies like the abovementioned instead, and you will up your carb count.

And from Becky160 (she did a great job for me)
Eat between 1600 -1800 calories From which:
4 -10% should come from Carbs ( no more than 20g of Carbs)
25 - 30% should come from Protein
65 - 70% from FAT

Everybody has been soooo supportive. I hope you break your stall. I'm just passing on advice given to me, and I know it helped me......

GOOD LUCK !