View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

I like bottled water because it's convenient and I'm getting a measured amount. I used to feel guilty about buying bottled water when we have our own well - but my water is hard and the minerals give it a strong aftertaste. Even with lemon or lime slices, it's not as good as the Canadian spring water I buy. I had one of those water-filtration pitchers, but they take up a lot of room in my already crowded fridge, and you have to remember to refill it daily and clean it regularly. Sometimes if there's something in the fridge that's strong flavored, it'll give the water an off-taste. Plus it's an extra glass or 3 in the dishwasher, and with 5 people here, I have enough dishes to wash! My bottles are always ice cold - they're downstairs in the second fridge so I get a little exercise going after them, and I can just toss the empty into the recycling bin with nothing to rinse or scrub afterward. I figure I've cut out a lot of excess expenses on the WOE, I'm worth a couple cases of water a week.

I find that by making sure I drink water with my meals and snacks, I get a lot more down that way. I have a rule of thumb that at every meal I must drink a bottle of water while eating and one afterward. It slows down my eating speed and fills me up faster, and that's a good thing. My water of choice comes in 16.9oz (500mL) bottles, so that's 6 bottles a day right there! Then I have 1 bottle with every snack, which is usually only 1 more per day. If I still think I feel hungry between meals or before bed, I'll have at least half a bottle of H2O before I decide what to eat. I also keep one with me while I'm preparing food or cooking so that my mouth has something to do besides nibble! This way I get 6-9 bottles in daily, and it's relatively easy.