#436   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 18:44
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi gymee,

Being an athlete, I thought you might find this article about coconut oil interesting (especially the information about medium chain fatty acids being burned like carbohydrates for energy).

In my opinion, coconut oil along with olive oil are the two highest priority fats to include in my diet (I supplement with fish oil, too). Coconut oil has been demonized for years by the soybean industry (I wonder if they had any ulterior motives?) and is one of the most misunderstood fats. It's not surprising that you feel it's unhealthy. I know I avoided coconut oil like the plague until I learned more about it.

Coconut oil is loaded with health benefits. It contains high amounts of lauric acid which is antiviral, being used effectively in HIV/AIDS patients to lower viral load, it's also improves thyroid function. Coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride which provides fewer calories than other types of fats and allows dieters to decrease their caloric intake without sacrificing taste. Best of all, it's a thermogenic and actually speeds weight loss (of great interest to many people on this forum).

Take a second look, you might be surprised.

Dig
Sponsored Links