View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/193/150
BF:
Progress: 28%

Some words of encouragement...I am on day 7 and was a pretty heavy caffeine user myself. I did quit cold turkey last Sunday and experienced headaches as well. They lasted about 3 days for me, but I toughed it out and took some Excedrin. Not sure of their carb content, but I stayed in ketosis from day 2 on.

I did read somwhere in here where other card diets don't restrict caffeine as severely as Atkin's does. They talked about a study being done and they thought it was actually the citric acid in diet colas that spiked the insulin and not the caffeine. I read that after 4 days of withdrawal however and have decided to stay caffeine free now that the headaches have abated.

I lost 10 lbs this past week...I am sure a large percentage was water weight as I got my cycle on Friday.

I too used the bathroom constantly...but the diet is a natural diuretic and then when you add all that water...UGH!...The good thing you are literally flushing your body and that is a very very good thing.

As an RN, we are teased about having 12 hour bladders because it is rare we can even get to the BR. So for me to go about every 30 minutes was a bit of a nuisance...but I figured my body needed the relief so I just listened to it.

Read all of the categories in here you can...there is some fabulous advice and a myriad of symptoms and solutions others have experienced and worked through.

I have found it a wonderful and unique experience this past week to pay such close attention to my own body and all it's sublte changes. I chalked the headaches up to a transition phase.

The good has outweighed the bad for sure...and I am anxiously entering week two of induction.

I haven't yet figured out the picture thing....let me know how you did that.....!! ** **

hang in there....125...125 ....125...you will be looking good girl!!!