View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 12:33

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%
Default Kids who eat healthy?

Well I live in a household with a small child. There are many selections of foods for him to eat from meat, veggies, fruit, sugar snacks. He eats his meals and doesn't really snack that often. Maybe once a day. His weight is fine, infact he could gain a few. So I don't see a problem with him being allowed these foods. I was raised the same and never had weight problems until I came down with depression and anxiety and was out of the house living within 5 miles of every fast food joint. My brothers raised the same also and both are underweight. I guess I'm wondering what is the harm with sugar if it's a snack once or twice a day, with 3 other nutritious meals that don't contain sugar. I do understand if a child has a weight problem yes you should change their eating habits.

I was thinking maybe when I have kids to raise them on fruits, veggies, meat, whole grains and no sugar. Well my neighbor has done this with her children since they were young. Well one of her children comes play and has been caught several times going into the freezer (which is outside no room inside for that) and we find out he has eaten 5-7 treats. Well of course he is not used to eating this so he ends up sick at our house in the restroom for an hour. I'm not asking what to do about him, that's his mother's problem. But my mother has taken as much as she could and put it inside to limit the child to 1. I doubt his mother even cares what he eats at our house since she leaves him at my house for 8-10 hours, and if he wasn't sent home I'm not sure she would call!(sorry that's beside the point). I'm just concerned if I raised my kids like that when they would see sugar like he does they would go ballistic and go overboard like that. The few times his brothers have come over they did the same. One is 13 yr old I would think he wouldn't do that. I'm so confused if how to raise my kids foodwise when I have them. I don't want to raise them without sugar then once they taste it have them binge on it. The reality is that no one can watch their children 24 hours a day, they do go places without you.

What is everyone's opinion?
Sponsored Links