#11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:12

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckycarbo
1. My body fat % being so high. 41% is VERY bad... I don't even know anyone on these whole forums with that high of a %

2. I couldn't bench even 100lbs. Heck, when I was 13 years old I could bench 120lbs! What's wrong!!!!!!

3. My main concern is that the 40lbs+ i've lost has been muscle.
Adam, Hi again

Just to add to what the others have suggested and to set your mind at ease:

1) Take a look at my start stat - that's BF%. You are not alone. And what you're going to do is not insurmountable. There are many of us who have been there and we're here to help Hang in there and take it one day at a time.

2) LCing will make you a little weaker than you used to be - it's a function of delepting carb stores (muscle and liver glycogen). It doesn't mean you don't still work hard, though. And it doesn't mean you cannot improve. AGain, one day at a time

3) If you are eating adequate protein and sufficient calories from fat then you are not burning muscle. LCing is muscle sparing, because unlike traditional dieting it is higher in calories and it contains the necessary protein to rebuild torn muscle tissue. So be sure you're eating enough and what you'll lose is F.A.T.

That dizzy, nausea spell you had sounds very much like bonking - overdoing the workout while eating too little carbs and calories. You jumped right into something strenuous and it was too much for your system all at once.

Take it slowly and don't push yourself too hard. If you're lifting weights be sure you have a small meal 1 hour to 45 minutes before you hit the gym, and be sure you eat again 45 minutes later. Weight lifting is about building and maintaining lean mass - not about fat burning. You need to fuel your body for this task. The fat burning happens later, once the muscle is active and hungry.

And of course - remember to keep up with those new supplements and your water.

Cheers,
Nat