#4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 00:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default curry powder

Hi herodl

That actually is a pretty good marinade. Only thing I would be wary about is the curry powder.

If you really read the ingredients of the curry powder they are everything I used in my basic recipe. Commercial curry powders are just that: commercial. They economise to a certain degree and cater for the majority taste. On the one hand it is great 'cos it takes the decision out of how much of what to put in. On the other hand it can be much more fun experimenting with different amounts of spices for different meals. Creating different tastes.

{LC eating, you actually have to cook} Right mate. Only way to know exactly what is going in my food. But pretty soon I started enjoying the cooking and planning as much if not more than the eating!

Another tip with Indian Spices: Keep them in tightly closed glass bottles and they will keep very well indefinitely. Once you've got your basic stock u r set for 6-10 months.

Final Tip: Indian spices are NOT carb-free. They do mount up. I allow 5g for the small amounts I use in practically everything. Possibly over-allowing but not sure.

Take care - Have fun