View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 21:14
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

Hi Roch and welcome to the TDC. I'm still relatively new here myself, but I'm an old hand at the weight loss thing. I've also been obese most of my life and really have very little idea of what it would be like to have a "normal" weight & figure. In fact, I'm not even sure what I'll wind up looking like! But I do know one thing, LC is the easiest and most effective way I've ever lost weight, and it sure is good to feel so healthy and energetic. The things you have to give up seem so important at first, but once you've been LCing for a while you feel so good you don't care that much about them anymore. Keeping good LC food in the house that you can grab at a moment's notice is a big help. Drinking that water is really important too - your body really needs it to flush everything out. And I found for me the way I talk about my new WOE (way of eating) really makes a difference in how I feel about it. I don't say I can't have something, I say I won't have any or don't eat that anymore. It makes me feel better to know I made a concious choice not to eat something rather than my "diet" is dictating to me what I can or can't have. Just think of it as less of a personal failing and more of a food allergy or addiction, and that should make it easier to bear. After a while, you will be guiding the newbies.