Thread: Coffee Drinkers
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer your second. I used to work at a coffee shop where they roasted and flavored their own coffees. The beans are NOT grown in different flavors. They came to the shop as plain beans, then the owner flavored them with a combination of spices (cinnamon, sugar, etc) and/or flavorings (usually extracts), and then they were roasted. Or maybe they were roasted and then flavored I can't really remember.

I don't know what brand your store carries, but I saw Community brand at my store. According to their website:

"We use liquid flavor extracts to add just the right touch of flavor to our flavored coffee line." and "Do your regular or flavored coffees contain calories, carbohydrates or cholesterol?
Technically, yes. But the trace amounts contained in coffee are considered dietetically insignificant. So you can enjoy our coffees without any guilt."

I couldn't find a single site that gave actual nutritional info for their coffees so I guess you need to decide if you want to chance it.

Julie