#6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:48
Registered Member

Plan: partial atkins
Stats: 223/210/145 Female 5'4
BF:39%/36%/25%
Progress:

Hi Roch,

I'm with everyone else...I'm a big carb eater too...I am a jamaican and we eat a lot of bread, lots of rice and fruits all carb rich foods so changing that has been a challenge and the yoyo diets have been a pattern for me the past 14 years.

My husband bought me a copy of "lay aside the weight" by TD Jakes and it revolutioned my life.

For years I have done a lot of research and tried every diet in the world, but reading that book brought to me the importance of why I need to loose the weight.

Not just to look better and feel better, but the healthier reasons that compel me now...

I have to sleep with a breathing machine (CPAP) because I am enroute to sleep apnae (when you stop breathing while you sleep) so that machine gives my body the oxygen I am not getting because the excess weight is in my throat and hindering the flow of air into my body...

That was a wake up call for me and I have been fortunate enough not to high blood, heart problems not other health problems so I decided to kick the weight before it kicked me! The final kick may be fatal.

I'm determined THIS TIME, THIS TIME to do this, slow and easy...very calculated and determined...

So I have bad days...that's what I love about this forum...I can be honest about my eating habits (hiding it has been part of the weight issues) and know I need to get in line, because others are having the same struggle and winning so it's up to me to be a WINNER also..

Roch, you can do this thing...one day at a time and I'm with the others, I do the veges and bake my meats or when I have time do, bacon and cheese omelet for breakfast...

If I stop at Wendys, I ask for a 99c jr bacon cheese burger without the bread and the mayo...they give it to me in one of those baked potato containers with silverware..

I realize I don't even miss the bread....

We are with you...sorry to ramble...but we are helpers one to another....

Let's do this thing...........