View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:26

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%
Default 7000 extra calories/day = 2 lbs weight gain/day?

You know how you start thinking all kinds of strange things in the shower?

Well, maybe not everyone, but I sure do. So here is where my brain went this morning:

First of all I was thinking about how (depending on hormones, salt, water intake, etc.) can gain 5 lbs overnight, but that it is water weight and will disappear almost as quickly. Then I started thinking about how to gain real weight we need to eat 3500 extra calories for each pound gained.

Then my brain started wondering - if someone were to eat, let's say, 7000 extra calories in one day (yeah, I know - that's almost impossible to do, but this is just brain wanderings) would they gain two pounds of fat in one day? Or is there a limited amount of excess calories that can be converted into fat in a certain time period? In other words, if someone ate 7000 extra calories every day would they gain 2 lbs a day or would they somehow excrete the calories their bodies can't convert?

Anyone know the answer?

(For those of you wondering if this is about something I ate.... nope, you're wrong...I ate like an angel yesterday. I really need to distract myself in the shower - maybe I ought to start listening to NPR or something. :P )

Joan
(Off to Home Depot now to help the Junior class start building their homecoming float.......oh the fun perks of being a teacher.....)
Sponsored Links