Old Thu, Apr-05-01, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 195/191/140
BF:
Progress:
Wink groceries on hand

HI mari,
I only started on the Atkin's Diet on Sunday, and have already lost 6 lbs. Two things that have been essential to me are cheese and diet Jello. The jello can be made so easily, and really works for that sweet treat. The cheese has been a life saver for me, since I started I get hungry, almost light headed mid-morning and afternoon. A nice little piece of cheese and a couple of glasses of water work wonders. Cold cuts such as black forest ham are also great. (Don't get any with alot of sodium, or have been processed) The cheese I have been eating is just Kraft medium cheddar.
One thing, when I started the first two days I felt like death, bad headaches, and huge fatique. I am over that now, but I probably wasn't drinking enough water, so make sure you drink plenty. You also need to get some vitamin supplements, mineral supplements including potassium and B complex. It explains it all in the book, but I didn't get the vitamins until my third day, and I could have really used the potassium from the start. I went cold turkey and quite everything all at once, carbohydrates, sugar, coffee....it is like going into detox, so you may want to consider a gradual cutting back, particularly if you have a little one to look after. Thankfully my kids are old enough (10 & 13) that my 13 year old son made dinner one night as I was feeling so bad. I think this is a wonderful program, and I think this is going to be the one for me, and many others like me who have had a hard time losing weight. Good luck!
Elizabeth