View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 01:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

No, you're not crazy at all! I know I've only been at this for the past few days, but what you said made me remember something that happened a long time ago.

About 20 years ago I was on a diet where I ultimately lost about 40 pounds. I had started in late spring or early summer, and over the course of the next few months had shed the weight. As the holidays approached, candies and all kinds of goodies started rolling into the office. Well, what I had been eating was at least partly sensible in that my carbs were limited to no more than 60 grams a day, roughly, and the rest of my diet was some veggies and protein (although it really wasn't enough, because I was also on diet pills to control my appetite).

Anyway, one day at work I had partook of quite a few of those nummy morsels, and it just so happened it was on a day when I needed to stay late to do some filing. I remember how, after everyone was gone, this sudden rage came over me. It was horrible! I just wanted to slam the files down and tear the whole building to shreds! I knew then it was the candy, but over the years forgot as more and more carbs were introduced back into my diet.

Thanks for the reminder!