View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 19:40

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

I started noticing a huge difference in my PCOS symptoms a few months after I started cutting carbs a year ago. After I got serious about LC this summer I started seeing the most improvement.

Also I was nervous about taking any kind of birth control pill, so I read John Lee's book "what your doctor may not tell you about premenopause" and started using some natural progesterone cream. I knew I'd been having anovulatory cycles for a long time and was probably progesterone deficient, and NPC is supposedly pretty safe (more so than bcps). This stuff has been awesome for me! I used it for several months from days 5 onwards to suppress ovulation, the idea is to give your ovaries a break so they can heal. Then (per instructions) I waited and the next month I ovulated just fine on my own. I still supplement with it during the latter part of my cycle, as I don't feel I'm entirely out of the woods there yet, but symptoms are much better. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as an alternative in case anyone is interested. I highly recommend reading the book first, it is well written and answered any questions I had.

G.