View Single Post
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 08:22

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Yesterday in London

Well what can I say - I was sooooo excited when we met up - it was fab!
Leigh and I caught a train down to London, I'm convinced it was the slowest boat to China!!! Anyways we had a couple of hours to kill and so went to Covent Garden which was nice then walked back to Piccadilly Circus to tube it to Euston. All day Leigh and I were betting a glass of wine on things, like what side the platform will be, and how many people were going to turn up etc ... needless to say Leigh won! We got to the Food Court Hall and found a double table and Anne came then Lisa and Lindy came (they had met up at the Euston Station, Lisa came from Raunds which is about 30 miles away from where Leigh and I live, Lindy came from not too far away at all, as had Anne) then Ebbie pitched up all the way from Brighton! She drove to Purley (?) and then tubed it in from there, finally Giulia arrived, that was a yay cos we didn't even know she was even coming - she is from Reading (I love that word for a place it sounds soooo academic) Anyways, we all sat down and intro'd us and where we hailed from etc, and bought a cup of tea/coffee and sat down and chatted - boy we didn't stop for nearly nearly 3 hours!!! We did laugh and we got to know each other so nicely swapping tips, hints, hangover food ideas, stall ideas, what we did for a living, kids, families, cooking - boy all sorts really but what was really interesting was the fact that 2 people just weren't there....! Between the 7 of us we had lost an amazing 276.5 lbs - hold on whilst I work that out in stones....here we go...19.75 stones - quite a bit hey? Also it took 80 months to do this in which is 6.6 years, which is quite ok doncha think??? We worked that out to be roughly 2 people so that's why we were 7 minus 2 people cos we had lost them....!
I really think that it went well and Anne is now organising the next one for 6 December 03. Let's hope that it's as successful if not more so than this one.
Leigh and I then walked to King's Cross but before we did we stopped off at a pub cos I owed her all those bets! So we had a bottle of red between us to celebrate the super day we had meeting all of you, and caught the next train home for 2200-ish, I had church this morning and so that is why this is late being posted - sorry folks! But seriously super honestly thanks Anne for organising and thanks Ebbie, Giulia, Lisa, Lindy and Leigh for turning up cos it was great. Bit like a monopoly board really (ha ha)
Ok now to upload the photo of us all, I will also upload to my www's at the end of my posts....
Back row is Ebbie, Leigh, Fi & Giulia
Front row is Anne, Linda and Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Us lot 04 Oct 03.jpg (62.8 KB, 42 views)