View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 20:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/192/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

My son loathes his vegetables, so I make up a meat sauce that is 50% veges - usually I use mushrooms and brocoli that have been chopped up fine in the food processor - put them in with the meat as it is browning so that they are better disguised and absorb the flavour of the meat. You will only know that they are there because you have cooked it yourself. Add canned tomatoes (no added sugar) and your favourite seasonings - you can make this Italian flavoured, chili, or sometimes I add a little butter chicken type sauce with some cream.
If you make up a large batch of basic sauce and freeze it in portions, you can alter the flavour depending on the mood you are in. Also, sauces like this are always better reheated the day after they are made.
You could also try making Scotch Eggs - boil an egg until it's hard. Wrap in sausage meat and bake or fry until the outside is brown and the meat is cooked.
Instead of making a salad, why don't you try using lettuce or spinich leaves as "bread" and wrapping up fillings.
A nice chinese style dish (sang choy bow?) uses pork mince fried with spices and then wrapped in lettuce leaves.
To make life easier for yourself - I suggest that you pick the least objectionable green vegetable and eat a small amount of that for a week - add a new vegetable each week. When I first met my husband he loathed brocoli but he would eat a raw piece every day because he read that it was good for him - now it is one of his favourites!