View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 12:45

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Suzzane,

My hubby is a slim jim too and he eats lots of junk. I have to make sure he eats right to keep him from losing weight (he is 6ft and goes between 150 and 155). If I don't he easily slips to 145.

I would suggest this. Looking at his fitday, he is filling up on sodas (and beer which I would love to argue with, but I won't give up my wine soooooo). He needs to drink less and eat more. Specifically some healthier foods that are higher in fat. His carbs are insane and you can tell it is due mostly to the amount of soda he is drinking.

Does he eat meat? If yes, try to get him to eat more whole meats and veges. Cook in olive oil or butter whenever you can and add sauces (if he can stand it, if not just butter, olive or sesame oil) to his veges. Try getting him to drink some milk instead of some of that soda. If he likes eggs, that is a great way to up morning calories. Maybe if he is in a rush he can stop for bacon egg and cheese? Hubby refuses to drink those shakes, but it is an option if he wants it. Nuts are always a great high fat option. While he drinks his beer, have him snack on some mixed nuts. The calories, vitamins and healthy fats would do him some good. Looking at your bf menu, he should be taking supplements or eating better. His poor body!

Best of luck to both of you!

Kristi