View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 12:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/192.5/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm so glad I found this thread. I keep Kosher and the holidays are very frustrating. For Rosh Hashannah me and DH tried to be very careful, but we just couldn't resist Matzo ball soup, so we split one. We each had a small piece of bread with a drop of honey. No dessert tho. We knew that would push us over the edge.

For most of my traditional recipes I find that leaving the high carb ingredients out doesn't make that big of a difference in taste/texture. For stuffed cabbage I just don't add the rice in the meat mix. You can't even tell. It's wrapped in cabbage so who cares if it falls apart? I don't like kugel so it's not an issue for me. I just don't make it. My MIL does, and I just don't eat it. For Hanukkah I think I'll try some different veggies for the Latkes. Maybe zucchini or a mixture of veggies. I have to add in matzo meal, so if I can cut down the carbs with the veggies, I won't be adding that much back in with the matzo meal.

I'm even thinking ahead to Passover. Thats going to be the challenging holiday. I've resigned myself to just try and be as selective as possible. At the 2 seders we have to eat matzo..but thats all thats required. I will have soup as it's one of my weaknesses LOL

By the time Passover rolls around I will be pretty much (hopefully) near or at goal, so I will have increased my carbs up from where I am now. Desserts for Passover will also be hard. I happened to look at the nutritional info on a box of potato starch. OMG I had no idea it was that bad!

I know that with careful planning I'll survive the 8 days of Passover...maybe with no constipation. Wouldn't that be a treat? LOL