View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 10:30

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

ejc
I can relate to the splurging on the fat thing! The long time low-fat mindset was difficult for me to overcome too. I am a member of a family that is considered one of the pioneers of the health food industry. Their supplements and health aid products are carried in all the BIG health food and vitamins stores. The family's philosphy is based on low-fat. Soooooo I really had an internal struggle with that. I read and read and read about low-carb before finally committing to it after low-fat just didn't work for me.

If you check with others who have had the type of success you are looking for you most likely will see that early on they kept their fat percentage around 70%. What I did that really convinced me is I went through people's journals and fitday. I picked those who had similar stats as mine and also those who had lost a lot more weight than I had to lose just to compare. 70% seemed to really work best. The evidence was there ... eat fat lose weight. Of course as you get closer to goal and up your carbs you are suppose to lower your fat proportionately. You don't stay high fat forever. Also, now that your body is burning fat as its fuel you really need to make sure you give it the fuel

Best of luck!