Thread: self-esteem
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 14:37

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I know exactly how you feel.. Im already dreading, and trying to figure out a way to get out of the "Christmas Family thing" with my DH's side of the family! LOL Mainly his Grandmothers house.. She was always heavy, and now shes a diabetic, and on dialisys, and shes gotten thin over the past 2 years from cutting out basically everything sugar ect.. And shes sooo NASTY! She has the meanest comments to make with the most innocent smile across her face as it comes out.. Ugh everytime I get around her all she talks about is how "pretty" my sister in law is.. Ok so shes like a size 4 after popping out 4 kids in a row, but to be honest, she isnt that pretty LOL shes just skinny! My mother in law who isnt married to her son anymore, always hated going there, because of her biting comments.. I almost think she gets a rise out of saying nasty things to people. Personally I think its the "Bully Syndrome" .. Years of being overweight and not having that much of a pretty face has taken its toll on her I suppose, and she says hurtful things to make herself feel better. Atleast thats what I tell myself.. hehehe...

PF is right, they will most likely be worried about themselves and what everyone else is thinking about them.. Lets face it, when it comes to Catty women, it wouldnt matter if your 10 pounds heavier, or 100 pounds heavier.. They will attack reguardless... lol