View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 05:29

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
I would think aspartame would be better for you than saccharin - didn't that kill mice back in the 70's? Or was that just mice who drank alot of Tab??

Ahhhh..... the pleasant memories of drinking a bottle of Tab before work in the mornings. Cola with a "bite" that kick-started the day. Yum. Actually prior to saccharine Tab was sweetened with cyclamates (before they were banned in the US). The taste of TAB changed after that - it got milder - not so much of the "bite" that I liked about it. I stil would prefer to drink TAB instead of Diet Coke, but it tends to be sold at retail everywhere and almost never is on sale. Last spring Publix had a sale including TAB and my robotics team students actually bought me some to keep me happy on the long bus trips (so I wouldn't fuss at them too much, I guess). They think I'm strange for liking Tab.

I've never had any problem with any kind of sweetener stalling me, even sugar alcohols (.... in moderation tho...). But that may be just my metabolism and the fact that I'm only trying to lose about a pound or two a month at this time. With losing that slow it's kind of hard to notice a stall.

Joan