View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:46

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Step away for a day...

Wow... this IS the supplements list; sorry that vitamin C was not as obvious as I thought it would be.

Depending on who you talk to, 3g Vitamin C may even be low. Doctor said she takes 9g herself. What's recommended in terms of RDA is just enough to keep your teeth from falling out. Lots of support for much higher doses, depending on one's vitamin philosophy.

I used to take 2 g, then started bruising, upped it to 3g and then after a month or two, started bruising again. MD suggests it might also be a lack of bioflavenoids, which aren't a big part of the veggies I eat. (gave up the oranges for the duration.) Suspect also that my now-discontinued habit of taking fiber pills with vitamins may be playing a role in the problem.

But from the responses, I'm guessing no-one else has heard of a connection between low VITAMIN C and a craving for sugar? Apparently, back when we had the enzyme to make our own, we made it from carbs = sugar. I have NOT been craving sugar for most of my time on LC, and just recently started lusting after my neighbor's slice of pie, for cookies, for bread... at about the same time the bruising started. Seems logical there might be a connection.

The more I follow this WOE, the more I discover that most of my cravings are physiologically, rather than psychologically, generated. Feedback appreciated, but may be off the net all weekend and unable to supply any more information from this end.