Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by digwig
Hi Gymee,

It's just my opinion, but if you're eating 40 of anything, I wouldn't qualify that as having "no desire to have just one more." True, you are getting 200 grams of sugar with 40 dates instead of almost 400 grams with 75 cookies, but dates take longer to eat than cookies and your "earlier" satiety with the dates may be due to passing time rather than anything else. In essence, your "I'm full" message has time to kick in. I would also suggest that the "staying power" of your meal has to do more with your "protein/fat concoction" than the fruit.
Dig

hi dig,
i guess it would depend on what we are eating, but i would agree that 40 dates is a nice meal. the main point was that the cookies never did fill me up, while that many dates would keep me full for hours - quite a difference. as far as staying power, the body requires both protein and essential fats for its anabolic metabolic functions, and sugar/fats for its catabolic metabolic functions. if it is lacking in either, it will give us hunger signals, hoping we know what nutrients it is looking for. i know the difference, for myself, when my body wants sugar, or when it wants protein and essential fat - the feeling is different, yet i would have a hard time describing that difference, as it is something that is totally experiential.

i'm sure you guys would gasp at my salad meal, as it is almost all carbs, and it would not surprise me in the least, if it was 1000 calories. but then sometime later in the evening, i balance that out, by finishing up my eating with my protein concoction, which i faithfully eat twice a day. this concoction gives me my main protein and essential fats requirements for the day, and it is easy for me to do twice a day, so i do that, and then just eat MOSTLY natural carbs the rest of the time, although my workout drink does contain some whey protein.