#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Age-Defying
Stats: 170/169/140 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Polite Request for Two Weeks of Heavy-Duty Moral Support

Or a little patience while I electronically whinge about my family.....

Tomorrow, I am leaving for two (count ‘em), two weeks with immediate family. Husband’s business requirements coincide with families’ location, so we’re killing two birds with one stone.

Unfortunately, not many family members understand or support the Atkins’ lifestyle.

Mothers both think it’s “crazy”.
His mom isn’t too much of a problem; she just mumbles under her breath and goes about her business.
Mine, however, is a completely different kettle of fish. Mom is never pleased when her kids want to play the game by rules she hasn’t herself established. To change us, she’s become quite adept at her own form of psychological torture -- which results in “I’m so *%&#*$! sick and tired of listening to her, I’ll give in just to have some peace and quiet!”. (Suspect I’m not the only one who’s been there and done that.)
When I told Mom that husband and I were “Dramatically reducing our carbohydrate intake” (note no “A” word), she replied, “Not that again!”

Also, I have a vociferously opinionated, know-it-all sister-in-law, herself obese, who is adamantly and, in my opinion, irrationally opposed to Atkins. Last year, she invited us to dinner and, you guessed it, served pasta.

While I fully recognize the sabotage that’s going on, I also understand that eventually enough sabotage will bring down the stoutest of fortresses. (Can’t be married to the military for twenty years without picking up one little fact or two. )

Last year, at about this time, I had successfully completed three weeks of Induction. (And had actually lost some *%&$# weight!!!)
Then I went Back East.
As you may have inferred, last year’s visit was a dietary train wreck, which set me off track until just recently.
I’ll be d**med if it’s gonna happen again this year. (Even if I’m accused of being a self-absorbed brat by all and everyone concerned.)

So, over the next two weeks, you’re all gonna be subjected to some rather whiney, desperate posts by me. Please accept my apologies in advance -- and heartfelt thanks for any and all the support you can lend.

Like I said in my original post, you’re a great group. It’s a delight having you around.
Sponsored Links