View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 07:19

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%
Default NEW TO THIS FORUM & LOOKING FOR SUPPORT!

Hello. I wanted to check out this sight in search of others like myself who have a BUNCH of weight to lose. Looks like I'm in the right place. I have been on and off Atkins and CAD for over a year now. If you check my journal you'll see the results are nil. That is because I haven't remained consistent. I get so frustrated with myself for going off the woe so much, it's ridiculous. I have wanted it since I was a teenager but never had the perseverence to stick with it. I realize now that alot of times it's the FOOD that's to blame, but I'm no angel when it comes to cheating on a diet. I've read the books, tried the diets, etc. Now, I THINK I'm going to be on CAD. My problem with the decision is that I know Atkins gives quicker results and probably cuts out most cravings but you can't eat "fun" foods to speak of ever. I also know that CAD is slower, but you have one great meal a day, so the worry about straying is less. I have a mentor in my journal, Tracy, who has lost almost 100# on CAD and she is what keeps me going! However, I would love more input. The only objection to CAD besides the slower weight loss is that after the Reward Meal, I am zonked and ready for bed. I know it's the carbs and am trying to fine tune that meal now.

So, any takers? I'd welcome advice and comments. I am curious who in the forum is on CAD and who is on Atkins and your success on each. Thank you.
Sponsored Links