View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 05:51

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default It's a matter of perspective

I have a very different perspective. I don't look at titles as "do they turn me off". I look at them as "is this of interest to me" or "do I have something worthwhile to share on this topic". If not, I don't read it. If yes, I do.

We all have different interest points, curiosities and triggers. We all have different ways of interacting with this community. Some people pop in, stay behind the scenes and are voracious readers. Others are active posters, sharing a wealth of information, tips, thoughts and ideas. People interact here the way they feel most comfortable.

Sometimes responding to a "turn off post" could be the difference between losing someone who is struggling, and sharing that tiny tidbit of information that will help a poster find their way down a difficult path.

I guess the bottom line is we all have choices about which posts we read and respond to. We also have choices about how we title a post. We have good days and bad days. Some days we may have a difficult time expressing thoughts, and so a post title may not be appealing to someone else. The wonderful thing about this community is that no matter how well or poorly we ask for help, there is usually someone there with words of encourgement.