#12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 19:11

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default It Does Work!!!!!

HI everyone,
the realization that CAD works hit me real hard this past two weeks. i have never in my life, and i am only 24, been so happy with the way i eat. i came from atkins and before that stict calories restriction and rapid weight gain. i lost most of my weight on atkins, and would switch to cad on occasions. I always thought that CAD was not real cause i'd gain weight every time i used the theory. after losing and gaining the same 20 pounds, i decided to stop the yo-yoing and just maintain. i tried summersized, sugar busters and zone. atkins is a lose weight plan for me but not something i could do for life, but the others i tried made be crave and think of food all day long. i struggled to stay on plan. the fact i learned was I COULD NOT EAT CARBS THROUGHOUT THE DAY AND FEEL CONTENT!i could not have only 1 slice of toast or 1 cup oatmeal i wanted to eat the "ON DIET PLAN" foods all day long. SO i was back to cad. cad seemed brighter now. i recommited in January. But i still did not get it. When i got it, i omited nuts, sweetners, and diet drinks to cm's. When my cm's got in check the binging at rm's stoped .i desired regular portions and cravings reduced to almost nothing on most days. This past two weeks, i was on vacation. i travelled to the US. I intended to eat well. all the great lc foods, fruits and veggies that i can't get at home, i'd indulge for rm's. I PLANED TO STAY ON PLAN. sadly, the first day for rm i had mc donalds, second, wendys, and many days were "all you can eat restaurants." i loved the food, meals were unbalanced everyday. i did not binge but i was full after eating rm.during my stay i weighed my self almost every day(except the first 2 days and last 2 days) on a digital scale. no matter what i eat the scale remained the same. i found my proof that cad worked!!!!
when i got home to my horror my scale said i gained 4 pounds . i did not panic! it could have been the weight gain the first 2 days i didn't weigh cause of the unbalanced meals and eating the wheat i abandoned weeks before, or the last 2 days after eating sugarfree fat free ice cream. the ice cream got me bloated and gasy. i am 2 days back home and i am happy to say that the 4 pounds disappeared. 2 days of almost balanced RM's and the gain disappered. The shocker is i feel thiner than i left on vacation!!!! the scale doesn't show but my tummy feels flater. i have nor eaten dessert and not been sorry for it on any onter plan. I ATE DESSERT EVERYDAY!!!AVARAGE TO GENEROUS sevings not binging. Cad is liveable and believable. for the first time in my life i can maintain my weight. weight loss for me is slow on CAD, maintaining 80 pound loss is priceless