View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 18:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/202/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hey, i dont have much advice for you about doctors, but ive been working as a patient rep at 10 doctors clinics around our metro area and i have learned a lot about doctors. THey are smart creatures but when it comes to there own lives they arent always the best (ie ive seen lots of overweight doctors etc) At one clinic one of the doctors has a small belly on him, but nothing, i wouldnt even call him fat, BUT this is the weird part. He's a doctor so you think he would know how to take care of himself, but NO he spent like 2 grand joining LA weight loss so that he could lose 20 pounds. I guess you get some of that money back when you reach your goal, but i was blow away that a doctor would join a weight loss program. I mean, its just engrained in everyone that doctors know it all, Anyway, ive run into lots of situations where doctors dont know everything and ive worked with a lot of unhealthy nurses as well. Anyway, take it in stride and if you live in oregon. he he, I know a few really good doctors. Just thought i would share my observations.

OH yeah, one day i was working with a doctor and i asked him what he thought about atkins, i told him my dad was doing it (which he is, but i didnt watn to put myself out there) he said.. and i quote " there is a lot of controversy about all these diets today, but ya know, if your really overweight, its much healthier to get the weight off than to carry it around waiting for the healthiest way" Anyway, i thought that was very smart..

Okay.. off to eat dinner!