#7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 326/230/220 Male 6 ft 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Educate your Doctor

Last advise I would ever give someone would be to discharge your primary health physician! Good health concerns so much more than just weight control or loss. If you are happy with your Doctor in other matters I would suggest a Intelligent discussion and stand firm on your desire to "TRY ATKINS"! The trying, if you follow the "Good Doctors" book and advise, will in turn make a believer of your present health care Doctor.

Not going to go into a lot of personal progress here but if you care visit my journal and you can follow the results achieved with a Doctor that was "Anti Atkins".

I weigh once a month at the Doctors have blood tests every three months and stay within a 1,500 to 2000 calorie a day intake. Keep carbs between 20 to 30. (65-70% fat, 25 to 30% protein and 5 to 10% carbs.)

Suffice to say this past month I was taken off all medication, weight loss of 79 pounds in 7 months with perfect blood results have convinced my Doctor there is room in his practice for Atkins.

Aside from the fact to purchase all new clothes became a necessity there has not been any downfall.

The program works. Perhaps faster for some but the positive results even if minor should increase the desire to continue!

These forums serve as a tremendous support for all concerned and if you search far enough you will find similar cases to yours with positive results and that will enable you to continue in your quest for better health!

Good luck and God Bless!!

Pursuit