View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 14:51

Plan: CALP (switched from Atkins)
Stats: 189/169/145 Female 63 inches
BF:Way/too/high
Progress: 45%
Default I threw my scale out the window...

...figuratively, not literally. It is a piece of untrustworthy $%&^ and yesterday was the final straw...it said I gained 30 pounds overnight.

I've decided not to get a new scale because it has caused me to obsess over my 'failure' to lose weight as fast as I want. I nedd to start concentrating on my success. I've gone from a tight 16 to a tight 12/comfortable 14, and even though I can't trust that scale, I think my net weight loss is close to 20 pounds, with some muscle gain from aerobics and weights. I need to keep in mind that, if I continue to stick to my WOE and exercise, I will keep losing weight even though it will probably take MONTHS to get where I need to be. I need to remember that this is a way of life; I didn't get fat overnight; I am not going to get slim overnight, and it is not healthy to obsess over the numbers or compare myself to those on this forum who are losing weight at a much faster pace than me. So I'm going to stick to the clothing test for the time being, and only consider getting a new scale if those tight 12's get tighter instead of looser. (And believe me, that is NOT going to happen)
Sponsored Links