View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:36

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

My best advice would be not to ask people what they think of Atkins. What does it really matter what anyone thinks? It is none of their business. IF you are happy and you know it is working for you then why even ask the doctor for his opinion. He is just ONE doctor. He doesn't represent the entire medical community. I happen to have a doctor who suggested I go on Atkins. He is one of the doctors who has educated himself on this and is pushing for the food pyramid to be changed. I also know of another doctor who advocates this WOE....DOCTOR Atkins. He is a doctor after all. The medical community is divided on this issue too. So don't let what one doctor says put you in a funk. I think in life we usually know what certain people will say about things before we even ask them. For example I know my mother would criticize Atkins so therefore I don't even tell her. As far as she's concerned I'm doing WW. I save myself the grief of dealing with people who want to argue with me about what I do with my own body. If I were you I would start developing the "I don't care" attitude and apply it to all the people in your life that think they need to express their opinion about every little thing you do.