View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 06:40

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

Hi Ilse,

I am very happy for you and your success with CALP. I bet you are walking on air.

I have a question or two for you. I have been struggling between Atkins and CAD for a while now, being inconsistent and frustrated. My current weight is 302#grrr. Anyway, part of me thinks Atkins is best because of the quicker weight loss and ridding yourself of all the carb addictions and part of me thinks CAD is best because I know I'd HATE to give up "fun" food like pizza and ice cream for the rest of my life! When I am on CAD and it comes to the Reward Meal, I get SOOOOOOOO sleepy afterwards! I know it has to be the sugar. I keep inside the 60 minute time frame. When I am eatting the other meals (non or low-carb) I feel peppy and energetic. So, my question is-Have you ever experienced the sleepiness after your Reward Meal? I feel CAD is the best, just don't like the feeling, like I've cheated, like I can't stay awake...whatcha think?

Also, I have read both books, but personally, do YOU drink tea w/ splenda between meals or diet soda? Just a question. I DO and know it's wrong, but tell myself it's sweet and it keeps me going, like I'm not being deprived anything.

You are very inspiring and I'd appreciate your advice. Thanks