Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 23:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 128/122/112 Female 5ft1"
BF:Not sure!
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by el corazón
Well I had soy grits for breakfast with some butter and salt...Wasnt THAT bad...I added some DaVinci...It was okay..I think I have to be in the mood for something like that cuz I loveeee my eggs in the morning. I just made it the way the back of the bag said, but I baked them first like someone suggested to help get rid of the soy taste, and just like they said...it smelled like Kelloggs cereal in the oven. My mom was like, it smells like shredded wheat!! I didnt eat all of it though.

Hi Charlene...

Is that your correct name, however if it's not then I apologise...

I have a dear friend who is a Seventh Day Adventist and she's a wonderful inspiration to the people like ourselves, who are not meat eaters; they only eat what is grown from the earth, nothing more nothing less in her case.

Not only does choose to be a vegan she sells only organic produce i.e. vegetables ,grains, beans, legumes the works and because I had never heard of Soy protein until the other day, i.e. I think you mentioned it to me, but anyway I emailed her and asked her what it was etc, ect and did she sell this stuff; which she does.

The way she prepares, Soy grits or TVP (Soy Protein):: She said; preferably it needs to be soaked in some garlic, onion powder, leek or other flavours before cooking or when cooking it...some people soak it in water, then they discard the water then let them drain and then cook in with other flavours....hoping this helps, as it has me!!

Cya later...
Nancye

PS: I don't like Kellogs cereal, yakkeeeeeeeeee!!