View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 18:11

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Welcome to our new group! We should call ourselves the Disappearing Act. How's that! We're slowly disappearing!

Can't wait especially to "hear" whom we sent a quick note to. I myself wrote some letters to my child's peers yesterday. They are at Outdoor Education Camp for the week. Each parent has been asked to write letters, but you know how there are always a few special students, and you wonder if they'll get any mail. So 11 letters later.... *Sigh, chuckle *...as I think, "Me and my big ideas!" LOL! They were really a hoot, and I don't count them as the challenge letters.

Someone asked if email would be ok. Who am I to say? I just personally believe that when I get a nice hand-written card or letter in my box, wow! Does it ever say "I took time to write you because you matter to me!"

Serious, I would be thrilled if the Electricity folks would hand address my bill, and put smiley stickers and "Have a great day" on the envelope. They'd have my payment tomorrow! So about hand-written notes, it's a personal call. But 37 cents,15 minutes, and not worrying about what they will think when they get our letter, I think it's worth it.

Fishburg and TerryLynne...welcome! thanks for sharing a bit about yourselves.

Susan: I needed to read your words. Yeah, I realized it was a 30# loss, but didn't realize, you know? We get so used to it, and then when we get stuck and spin our wheels, we forget what's already behind us! Thanks, friend!

Dearest Denise: I am SO sorry to hear about Bandit. Our pets are so like family. I wonder what your course of action will entail. Please know we are all with you as you go through this difficult time. I think it's especially hard when we can't tell a pet what's wrong. But don't you think they already know? They are so intuitive.

Maureen: One of these days you are going to tell me what WAP and Pilates are. Or is. Or whatever. Probably will tell me the day I schedule my mammogram. I tried today but got busy. I know, no excuse. Your excersise routine is inspirational!

The New Me: CUTE name! Ok friend, care to share before and after pics? We want to be like you when we grow up! Welcome to the support group!

Karen: We are in this together! We will NOT give up! We WILL see the numbers move, the rings a bit looser if we follow Dr. Atkin's plan. It is guaranteed to work. You hang in there Karen my friend!

Alex: Keep passing out those jelly-bellies! (Can I have the cherry ones)?