Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:29
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Thumbs up Happy Tuesday

Good Morning, Everyone!

I’m doing really well … For the last two days, I’ve been doing the 1 mile Walk Away The Pounds DVD *twice* a day in addition to my neighborhood walk! I’m not sure I can keep this up, but right now, it feels fabulous!! I can now do all the upper body stuff, too, although not with weights. I’m going to keep to the 1 mile per time, because I’m definitely wobbly after 20 minutes … but soon … 2 miles, 3 miles, who knows how many miles!! And I think I might be in a deeper level of ketosis … Every time I’ve had my urine checked at the lab, I have ketones, but I’ve never experienced ‘dragon breath’ before … so while it’s harder to be around me ~ ~ I am imagining that things are moving in the right direction. (And boy am I drinking water!! 1.5 gallons for the last few days! So I’m also getting in that walking back and forth to the bathroom exercise …)

GreenEyezz ~ I hope that darn candy bar didn’t tempt you too much last night Feel free to send your DH here for a proper cyber lashing if he does this again … How’s the butt? Still attached? I’ve heard those Firm tapes are killer intense …

Welcome Lynn!! It’s ‘JustPeachi’ to see you again! I know what you mean about hating to learn the hard way … then again, I rarely ‘get’ the easy lessons, so maybe it’s the only way I’m ever going to wise up. Maybe you could stop your scale addiction by first giving up the nightly weigh ins? I feel like I’m finally getting to the point where I would like a scale at home, but I’m afraid I’ll start weighing myself frequently, too. Ah yes, I’m definitely an ’all or nothing’ kind of girl! I’m glad you joined us!

Deborah ~ Your walk sounds wonderful! Isn’t it great to re-discover the beauty all around us? I’d LOVE to see pictures of your neighborhood! What’s going on your mp3 for walking music?

Crysania ~ I’m sorry to hear you‘re not feeling well. But … … I’m not going to let you get away with saying you haven’t got any exercise in when you’re still taking that mile walk to and from work! I know you want to do more, but give yourself credit for what you are doing - especially when it‘s so hard! Take care of yourself … I’m sending you

Darla ~ Another fan of WAP! Did your muscles get sufficiently mushy so you could sleep well? I’ve finally gotten to the point where I know the routine well enough that I’m trying to create my own ‘soundtrack’, but matching the tempo has been hard. Do you use the weighted balls? I imagine it makes the workout much more intense. I’m sorry to hear your schedule is so busy - I know it makes things much harder - but you’re keeping up your commitment to move, which is great! {Glad to hear your BIL is doing better}

Dean ~ I hope you have a great time at the conference!

Nikki ~ I visited your profile (you‘re lovely, BTW!) and got your specifics - bowling will burn 340 calories for one hour! Here’s the link where I found the information ~ Calories Per Hour ~ so you don’t need to hope, you’ll KNOW you’re doing great! Are you enjoying Curves? I know a lot of people just adore it …