Thread: Is Atkins bad?
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 22:34

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

If you read this article entitled Guts and Grease_ The Diet of the Native American, you will see how great this diet is and you will see a long term results from eating a majority of meat and vegetables. You can read about it at
http://www.westonaprice.org?traditi..._americans.html It also presents the plight that the Native Americans faced after altering their diet, thanks to the US government. Diabetes, which was once non-existant, became commonplace among this former hunter/gatherer culture. If nothing else, read the last subject on this research paper.

Let's see, I eat meat, eggs, mushrooms turnips and greens, peppers ( all the diferent colors ), broccoli, asparagus, squash, cauliflower, cukes, tomatoes,strawberries, raspberries, butter, olive oil salad dressings, low carb breads, pastas and cereals-just to name a few. I once had hypoglycemic symptoms which have vanished. These symptoms are symptoms of pre-diabetes. Diabetes is what I would develop if I continued on a high carb diet, if you really want to discuss long term results. In the mean time I have blood glucose, cholesterol and triglyceride readings that are perfect-not borderline but perfect. My diet isn't as extreme as the Native American's in comparison to modern, low carb eating but By reading about this culture's diet, I think there is plenty of evidence that this diet can be done on a long term basis with no adverse effects.

Black57

P.S. I have another article where a doctor amits that his family had consumed a low carb diet for 40 years. That is long term.

Black57